Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Clomid - Day 1-5

So, since it did not work again naturally........I studied more about how clomid works and its effects on the internet. I know what I will be going through and felt ready to give it a go. So I gave in to clomid.

I started on clomid on Day 2 of my menstruation as advised by my doctor.
I don't know why she told me to start on day 2 because from the research that I have done, most doctors prescribe clomid either on day 3 or day 5.

I did not take note of the dosage that I had. But i presume by taking 2 tablets per day. I would be on the 100mg dosage.
I realized that usually the first time taking clomid, should go with 50mg first.......and slowly increasing the dosages the next cycle if unsuccessful.

Anyway, I was careful taking clomid. I was told to take them at the same time everyday for five days. I had mine 7pm sharp every day.........except the last day, i was glued on the internet and forgot about it till 7.30pm. about half an hour late. Not too bad. :)

Secondly, I read up about some side effects that could arise by taking clomid and some of them are such as:

- headache
- increase mood swings
- blurry vision
- pain in the ovary
- hot flushes
- multiple pregnancy
- tired

Soo.............. did i suffer from the above symptoms??
yup....but a pretty mild one. Not very bad.
I felt slight dizziness on my head. My vision are blurry but i am short-sighted so it does not make much difference......

On Day 1 and day 2 i did not have ANY symptoms at all and i was like.....oh cool......no side effects on me!!! this is great.......

But i began to feel EXTREMELY tired day 3 onwards.....very very lethargic and sleep a lot.
I felt very easily agitated and moody. Very unlike me!! because i don't normally have PMS symptoms even......

[edited: I just remembered that another symptom that i experienced by taking Clomid on my period cycle day 2 onwards, i felt cramp all over my womb through the whole menstruation....i normally only have slight cramps on day 1. But with clomid.........the cramps was throughout.....and slightly more severe. Also, i realize i had bloated stomach and felt very gassy and farted alot too.....]

Today is Day 10 for me (calculate from day 1 of menstruation). Clomid on day2 through day7.
was suppose to see the doctor today but she's on leave!! haiya......wasted my time to go over.
Anyway, will be going tomorrow to see how the eggs are doing.

We're suppose to shag every 2 days from today and hopefully will be successful in conceiving.
The good thing about clomid is.........we have 10% chance of conceiving twins(pray hard for 1 girl and 1 boy!!) 1%(or lesser) chance of having triplets......yikes.....

No comments: