Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 11: Folic Asid pill

So today is Day11.
I had an appointment with the doctor to check up on my egg's development.
Supposed to follow up on Day 10 but doctor was on leave yesterday.

Went to the clinic.........massive crowd...omg.........my doctor must be very rich...she has so many patients!!!

Waited for about an hour or so......that is even after i called in to book my place in the morning......
So when my turn came, we did the ultrasound thingie....supposedly for checking my follicles(a.k.a the beginning stage of the egg)?? I'm not sure is it called an ultrasound because a stick thingie is inserted into my cervix and we can see on the screen my ovaries.

So we saw quite a number of follicles.....pretty similar to last month. They were small.......we couldn't locate any of a good size, but towards the end we found 1 which the doctor exclaimed that this seems to be a good one size 13.9. Thats the good news.

I need to go back on Saturday to check again. We need to observe until the follicle is of a good size......then we shall procreate!! (a.k.a shag like crazy!! :p)

I asked the doctor what can i do to increase the chances because i already took clomid.
She gave me some folic asid pills. It prepares the inside for pregnancy. She told me normally the first round taking clomid might now show much difference so lets cross our fingers......otherwise we have to keep trying again next month.

Doctor also mentioned about some jabs that she can give me to enhances the enlargement of the follicles. We can have 2 jabs. But it will be a pinch to the wallet cos it costs RM200 per jab (approx USD63). She asked me if i would like to have that jab.....i couldn't decide.

In the end, i decided no jab this round.....if we fail this month, lets do the jab next month.

Otherwise, if i change my mind, we can also have a jab this saturday. Let's see if hubby wants to come along this sat to see my follicles. heheee.....so far i've always go there on my own.


No comments: